Welcome to Women PRIDE Africa
The Women Pivoting Resilience In the Digital Economy in Africa (WomenPride.Africa) project equips women and girls to thrive in the digital economy in Africa via three pivotal pillars:
- Meaningful Access and Adoption Advocacy
- Urban-Rural Partnerships and Empowerment
- In-Demand Digital Skills Training
By end of 2025, this initiative would have economically empowered 100,000 Women and Girls in Nigeria and Africa at large.
We can only achieve this through partnerships, Support and Donations
Meaningful Access and Adoption Advocacy
- Working closely with Telecom Regulators for Consumer Awareness Advocacy as well as engage stakeholders to influence relevant policies both locally and internationally.
- Exploring Community Networks for connectivity silos.
- Drive advocacy outreaches in hardest-to-connect areas for adoption and adaptation of rural and marginalized women and girls (especially those out-of-school via our teachers.ng network- see wit.ng/gte) to the digital economy.
Urban-Rural Partnerships and empowerment
Leverages mutual urban-rural collaboration, driving local contents and services as well as accelerating adoption and adaptation of rural women to the digital economy. Providing digital literacy entrepreneurship, financial literacy/book-keeping, online safety trainings for women in rural and marginalized communities ; thus fostering entrepreneurship, job creation, food security and digital transformation .
In-Demand Digital Skills
Advanced digital skill training for women and girls:
- AI, ML, Robotics, AR/VR, 3D Printing
- Web Development
- Local content creation
We are honored to make the list of WSIS Prize 2022 Champions, a prestigious global UN recognition of our efforts and great works via #WomenPRIDEdotAfrica. We thank everyone who rooted for us. We are inspired to do more. Empowering 100,000 by 2025.— Women in Tech in Nigeria – WITIN (@mywitin) April 27, 2022
We posthumously honored three great women in African history who were committed to gender equity and humanitarian services; in commemoration of the Women History Month and International Women Day Celebrations.#WomensHistoryMonth #WomenPRIDEdotAfrica#WITINIWD pic.twitter.com/q1cVHVHnj9— Women in Tech in Nigeria – WITIN (@mywitin) April 12, 2022
Hurray! @mywitin is a finalist for the Global @WSISprocess #WSIS Prize 2022!.— Women in Tech in Nigeria – WITIN (@mywitin) March 19, 2022
Support us and vote https://t.co/gUW7ICxaW7
* Select Category 11 AL C7 E-employment
*Women Pivoting Resilience In the Digital Economy in Africa #WomenPRIDEDotAfrica pic.twitter.com/pALC9cF3C1
We reached 10075 students via our STEAM and Cyber Safety Outreach ahead of #saferinternetday & #WomeninScienceDay . Students learnt to prevent, identify and respond to #cyberbullying#onlinesafety #cybersecurity #Girlsinict #SID2022 #WomenInScience #WomenInSTEM #witingirls #SDG5 pic.twitter.com/3ncdm6CElt— Women in Tech in Nigeria – WITIN (@mywitin) February 9, 2022